– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 1 cup semolina
– 2 sticks salted butter, softened
– 1/2 teaspoon allspice
– 1/4 teaspoon orange blossom water
– 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
– 1/4 cup chopped nuts (pistachios, walnuts, or almonds)
– powdered sugar for dusting
– 2 tablespoons milk
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2- In a medium bowl, combine flour and semolina. Set aside.
3- In a smaller bowl, beat together butter for 30-45 seconds. Slowly add in flour mixture until combined. Stir in milk, allspice, and orange blossom water. Roll dough into 12 pieces.
4- In a small bowl, combine nuts and sugar. Set aside.
5- Grab your dough and push 2 inch circles into it, then place onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place about 1 teaspoon of nut mixture on top of dough. Fold and press dough together to seal the filling. Repeat with remaining dough and nut mixture.
6- Bake maamoul for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.