Who is Western Union?
WU is a financial services corporation that deals with transfer of money from one location to another. Moreover, the company’s headquarter is in the United States, but processes financial transactions from across the world. Individuals deposit money at one of the company’s kiosks and then the receiver is able to pick-up the funds at another branch. The company has been in business since 1851.
Western Union Telegraph Company, enterprise created (1851) to provide telegraphic communication services in the United States. Originally known as the New York and Mississippi Valley Printing Telegraph Company, Western Union
The power to send money around the world is in your pocket with the Western Union Money Transfer® app.
- Send money on-the-go, anytime, to more than 200 countries and territories.
- Send money to hundreds of companies, with more businesses added regularly.
- Set up money transfers on your mobile and complete them at an agent location.
- Track a money transfer directly from your mobile device.
- Map to agent locations, and get directions, hours, and a list of services.
- Figure out the estimated price of your transaction before sent.
- View past or pending transactions and update your contacts, personal information, and payment methods.
Why should I use Western Union?
You can track your transfer using a Money Transfer Control Number.
The receiver takes this number ensuring that only the receiver can collect the money.
Western Union Money Transfer service uses advanced technology and a unique, worldwide computer network to ensure quick payout in more than 200 countries.
Money is available for collection in minutes, subject to agents operating hours and differences in time zones
If you are an Absa customer and a registered user, you can experience the convenience of sending or receiving money with internet banking and/or cellphone banking
The money is available within minutes, depending on when the banks are open and the time differences around the world.